Monday, March 3, 2008

Blue Skies and Fog

There isn't a real meaning behind that title, but I was trying to think of something creative, and I glanced out the window and that was the first thing I saw. All morning it has been dark and rainy, but now the blue sky is shining through. Oddly enough though, in the distance, over the blanket of pine trees covering the hills, fog is coating everything. The dark green trees have a kind of funny gray-green coloring because of it. It's an odd contrast...

I digress.

Today, I am wishing I were somewhere else. I don't mind my job, it's relatively mundane and consistent, but boring to say the least. Sometimes, I wish I had a job in which I could make more of an actual difference, more of an impact on the world. But, I guess the world couldn't go 'round without people to do insurance billing, right? That's what I'll keep telling myself, for now, anyway.

The thing is, while I'd love to be a counselor, or a nurse, or a social worker, or something along those lines, they're the type of job that I think about in a "that would be kinda cool" way. Ask me what I'd really like to be doing?

Photography. I'm not amazing at it, I'll admit, but the actual photograph is only half the appeal. The composure and structure of a photograph is definitely important and not something to be overlooked. Load that picture into a photo-editing program, however, and there is a whole other world of tweaking that can be done. The satisfaction of playing with colors, shading, highlighting, black and white (especially black and white) can't compare to anything else.

If I had a million dollars...it would be photography classes, a graphic design degree, and a really, really expensive camera.

It's getting dark outside again. Goodbye, blue skies...hello, fog.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP